Having posted my poem about a tramp a few days ago I was reminded of a special tramp in Welsh history - Dic Aberdaron. As can be deduced from his name he was a Richard who came from Aberdaron on the LLyn peninsula (Llyn has a circumflex, but this system won't give me one on a 'y'). He was a character and a half. He would travel to any town, buy some books, read them on his travels to the next town, when he would sell those books and buy some more. A man after my own heart.
I also remember a tramp I got to know quite well when living in Trefor, another village on the Llyn peninsula (on the north coast). We would see the outline of his head as he came past the chapel building on a Sunday morning at the same time on the same day every year. It was sad when he stopped coming. He was a good sort. Pity not many of themaround now.
Monday, 29 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment